How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Albany smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in complete command of your Albany home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and check out tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Albany benefit you?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When integrating a video doorbell, you can even talk to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also offers total remote operability through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can carry out:
- View current or recorded footage from any integrated security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Albany by setting schedules or creating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
The main screen will display a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Albany
Although multiple users can be programmed when you first get your system, you may want to add another user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, select email or phone and submit the info to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation with an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Albany security system. Dial (518) 900-7096 to learn more.