Tips to cut down on false alarms in Albany
False alarms are a legitimate problem for your home’s security. Not only do they erode the faith you have in your alarms, but they might even be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Luckily, you can do some things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Albany security system.
To begin, be sure that everything is set up correctly. This process may sound like common sense, but it’s common that overlooked user errors result in false alarms. For the next step, watch out for potential sources of false alarms, including a back door that might be left open inadvertently. And finally, feel free to use the extra tools like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Albany.
Is it really that simple? Read on and see for yourself.
A great deal of false alarms in Albany are avoidable
Like diagnosing any concern, the best course of action is to review the guidebook. Be certain that all your components are installed correctly on your end by:
- Executing a checkup through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Manually check each device to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Look over your schedules and presets to be certain that your home’s security isn’t arming at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all new smart devices are configured properly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Reach out to your Vivint agent if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Albany home. They'll be pleased to send out a trained expert to check your setup.
Check your doors and windows
When your configuration appears to be OK, the ensuing step is to do a sweep of your property. Are your entries shut tight, or do you find some accidentally open? If an entry point is left unsecured, it could activate an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your household consistently neglects to secure an entry point, you could implement a smart locking system that locks automatically when your home security is engaged. Unfortunately, windows need extra manual maintenance, especially if you have a family member who likes to fall asleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to disengage that alarm while still shielding the remaining areas of the house.
Automation tends to be an effective technique to cut down on false alarms in Albany
One of the best ways to minimize the chance of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your alarm system. By using your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you’re on site and avoid false alarms caused by absentmindedly unlatching an entry point. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disengage as your smart lock is activated with the correct PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm if you leave the premises, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Receive cell phone updates when your components notice unusual movements or require a battery change.
- Connect your home security to a smart home speaker, so you are able to operate your system without the mobile app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Albany with a Vivint smart home system
Greater command over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, call (518) 900-7096 or complete the form below.